lundi 15 octobre 2007

Impressions

Leila Arab's concert in Paris last week was a tedious experience.
The music was way too conceptual to my taste, and I am not even sure there was a concept involved here: it was simply boring and lacked elaboration.
All a sudden it became very clear to me why I found Björk's music to be such a pain: it's because she's been working with Leila!
Never have I seen on stage such a lack of generosity and of interaction with the public, percieved as an intruder in a selfish universe.
Being on stage is about sharing energies, recieving inputs and spending a moment together; not with Leila though.
There was absolutely no light on the set, it was hardly possible to take pictures; not a single smile on her face and no movement on stage.
I've tried to insuflate some life into that experience.